We want to help make your Carolina Beach Vacation a pleasant adventure so we’ve thought of a few items you’ll want to pack in your suitcase. Even during the winter months there is always something memorable to see and experience.
1. A good pair of walking shoes, you’ll want to visit all the parks during these nice cooler days. Within a few short miles you find Carolina Beach State Park and the Historic Fort Fisher. This time of year the beaches are more likely to have wonderful specimens of shells and if you spend a little time playing in the sand you might just come across a sharks tooth or two.
2. A camera of course for all the memories you’ll want to save for a lifetime. Some really awesome places for romantic shots would be at the Fort Fisher Park with all the Live Oak trees backing up to the ocean. Or at either of the piers for some fun pilings and ocean and beach pictures.
3. A big appetite because we have some of the best fresh seafood restaurants around and you won’t want to go home without trying at least a few of them. We have a huge range to choose from; try a tapas style of dining with wine tasting at the Grind aka Tree house Bistro. Or for a splendid selection of steak and seafood you’ll want to visit the Deckhouse which also has a nice fire going this time of year in the back bar area, very romantic. We have many more I could not name them all here today.
4. A pair of binoculars so you can get a close up of the dolphins swimming by, sometimes they even give you a treat by playing and jumping and twirling out of the water. Do you think they know we are watching them?
5. A coat or jacket is always a good choice for those winter walks on the beach, it can get chilly. Depending on where you’re traveling from we could be 30 to 50 degrees higher than you’re used to so who knows a few light shirts might be fine for you.
This is just a short list that will hopefully give you some ideas to help make your time here the best it can be. Please don’t hesitate to add to this list if you think I have forgotten something.