Policies for Our Pet & Family Friendly Cottages
Located directly across the street from the beach and all but a 2-minute walk to the sand, our vacation rentals in Carolina Beach, North Carolina are a nice alternative to a motel stay. Please take a few moments to review our cottage policies and book the one that best fits your needs.
- Check in is between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. We depend on the arrival time stated in your reservation. It is important to notify us of any changes to your arrival time.
- Check out is by 11:00 AM
- Maximum occupancy for each cottage is four people. This includes any children or babies.
- Our Vacation Rental Cottages have a 2-night minimum stay year round and a 3-night minimum on holiday weekends.
- Breakfast and linens are not included with our vacation cottage rentals. If you do not wish to bring your own linens/towels, you can rent them from us for a flat rate of $40. When making your reservation, please select that you need a linen rental or make a note that you are bringing your own.
- Guests making reservations must be at least 21 years old and have a major credit card.
- Same day reservations are not accepted after 7:00 pm and must call prior to arrival.
- Our cottages are non-smoking accommodations. Smoking is only permitted outside with respect to the proximity of our other guests. A $500 fee will be incurred for smoking inside the inn or cottages.
- Our cozy cottages are more suited to small families looking for a beach retreat and are not a location for large groups or loud parties. In addition, if you are traveling as four adults and your goal was to be in the NBA or NFL, our cottages are not recommended.
- To maintain a relaxing atmosphere we ask that noise be kept to a minimum after 10 pm.
- Bringing more than one car? You must inform us prior to arrival as parking is at a premium in Carolina Beach. Smaller vehicles are recommended and navigate more freely on the Island. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate parking for early arrivals prior to check in. There is a public parking lot 1 block north of the Inn on Canal Drive for your convenience.
- Maximum number of dogs allowed in each cottage is two. Pet fee is $25 per pet per night.
- Owners must crate their dog(s) when away from their cottage.
- Please be courteous and clean up after your pet.
- We love all dogs; however, we cannot accept vicious dog breeds. Please indicate the breed when making your reservation.
- Unfortunately, we are not feline friendly.
Reservations, Deposits and Payments
As life sometimes happens and weather can be unpredictable, we appreciate your unease from a looming hurricane. Foremost, we suggest our guests protect themselves with vacation insurance.
Policy should the weather service issue a hurricane advisory or warning is as follows:
Guests residing at the Beacon House Inn Bed & Breakfast may choose to evacuate. In this case, we will charge only for those nights spent with us up to the time of the evacuation. For guests with pending arrivals, the deposit will be retained and credited toward a future stay.
Policy should there be no official hurricane advisory or warning (i.e. there is no imminent threat) is as follows:
Canceling a vacation based upon a “pending” hurricane approaching our general area or immediately after a hurricane has passed through, standard cancellation policies apply.
If a hurricane has made landfall and The Beacon House Inn (or the island) is not suitable for guests, pending reservations affected by such a situation will receive a refund or credit toward a future stay.