Staying at Our Accommodations in Carolina Beach NC
The Beacon House Inn Bed & Breakfast is an adult’s retreat that specializes in making your beach escape uniquely one of a kind. We have established some policies to help ensure your stay with us will be a memorable experience. Please take a few moments to review all of our policies (standard, reservation, deposit, payment and cancellation) below. Feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
Standard Policies: [Read Details…]
- Check in is between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. We greatly depend upon the accuracy of your arrival time indicated on your reservation. If you will be arriving later than 7:00 PM, please provide the time frame in the notes section of your reservation. We can accommodate late arrivals up until 9:00 PM. If your arrival time is later than 9:00 PM, a self check-in packet can be made available. It’s very important to update us should your arrival time change.
- Check out is by 11:00 AM
- Maximum occupancy is 2 persons per room.
- The B&B is not suitable for small children; therefore, we cannot accept children under the age of 12. We can easily accommodate children over the age of 12 in the inn. If you are traveling with younger children, please take a look at our vacation cottages.
- Our vacation cottages are pet friendly; however, our bed and breakfast cannot accommodate your four-legged friend.
- Breakfast is complimentary for guests staying in our B&B only. Cottages are self catering.
- We strive to provide a smoke free environment and our B&B is a non-smoking facility. There is No Smoking permitted inside or on the grounds of the B&B property. A $500 non negotiable fee will be incurred for smoking inside the Inn, Cottages or porches of any dwelling.
- Getting takeout? Enjoy our “Dine In at the Inn” feature as we have café style seating in our dining room which you are welcome to use. Please refrain from dining in your room. We provide a full “set up” including plates, napkins, utensils and wine glasses if you would like to enjoy your meal in-house.
- To ensure the comfort of all of our guests, we ask that you please keep noise to a minimum after 10:00 PM.
- For health code purposes, only our staff can use the kitchen in our bed and breakfast.
- Same day reservations are not accepted online, must be approved via phone reservation prior to arrival, and are based on availability and subject to Spring and High Tide season minimum night stay requirements. During High Tide season, same day reservations are not accepted after 3:00 PM and may not be available due to occupancy availability. During all other seasons, same day reservations are not accepted after 5:00 PM. We are a boutique destination property and have limited staff as well as “unhosted” office hours. Advanced reservations are ABSOLUTLEY and HIGHLY recommended as we do not accept “Walk In” traffic. Please plan accordingly.
- To ensure the comfort and safety of all guests, property access is limited to registered guests only. All visitors must be approved prior to arrival.
- Parking is at a premium in Carolina Beach. If you plan to travel with more than one vehicle, it is important to inform us prior to arrival. Smaller vehicles are encouraged and navigate more freely on Pleasure Island. Larger SUV’s are not recommended. Unfortunately, due to the size of our parking lot and the configuration of our B&B, we are unable to accommodate parking and restroom usage for early arrivals prior to check-in. There is a public parking lot with restrooms 1 block north (Sandpiper access) of the Inn on Canal Drive for your convenience.
- Violation of any policies may result in additional fees and/or termination of your reservation.
Reservations, Deposits and Payments: [Read Details…]
To make a reservation, you must be at least 21 years old and have a major credit card. Booking for another couple must be approved prior to making a reservation. We reserve the right to decline a 3rd party booking. For your convenience, you can make a reservation directly from our website. For same day reservations, please give us a call.
For multiple night stays, a 50% deposit is required at the time a reservation is made. The balance will be due upon arrival. Single night stays (B&B only) require a 100% deposit at the time a reservation is made. Deposits will be charged to your credit card in which a confirmation will follow.
We accept cash or credit cards – MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks.
All room rates are pre-tax. 7% sales tax and 6% hotel tax will be applied to all bookings.
Cancellation Policy: [Read Details…]
All cancellations will be charged a $35.00 cancellation fee. All cancellations require a 10-day advance notice in which the deposit is refundable less the $35.00 cancellation fee per room. The deposit can be credited towards a future stay within twelve months of the cancelled visit.
Cancellations less than 10 days prior to arrival will forfeit the initial deposit. Same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the remaining total balance plus the initial deposit. Early departures or no-shows are treated as same day cancellations.
We ask that all cancellations be made by email or other written correspondence. As life sometimes happens and unexpected circumstances can arise, we recommend that guests purchase vacation insurance when booking. Your reservation via phone or online booking with payment of deposit confirms acceptance of our cancellation policy.
HURRICANE Policy: [Read Details…]
As life sometimes happens and weather can be unpredictable, we appreciate your unease from a looming hurricane. Foremost, we suggest our guests protect themselves with vacation insurance.
Policy should the weather service issue a hurricane advisory or warning is as follows:
Guests residing at the inn may choose to evacuate. In this case, we will charge only for those nights spent with us up to the time of the evacuation.
For guests with pending arrivals, the deposit will be retained and credited toward a future stay.
Policy should there be no official hurricane advisory or warning (i.e. there is no imminent threat) is as follows:
Cancelling a vacation based upon a “pending” hurricane approaching our general area or immediately after a hurricane has passed through, standard cancellation policies apply.
If a hurricane has made landfall and The Beacon House Inn (or the island) is not suitable for guests, pending reservations affected by such a situation will receive a refund or credit toward a future stay.